Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donb
Roku Guru

Re: Volume starts to go up all the way with just one click of voice remote pro

Are anyone's Roku remote(s) able to adjust volume today?  Both my RC795 and RC150 remotes are unable to adjust volume at all.

0 Kudos
richj11
Reel Rookie

Mine are working fine. You should start a new topic if you fee it is a genuine problem.

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

It's the same topic, just worse.  I am the OP of this thread.

0 Kudos
milwbassplayer
Channel Surfer

I'm sick of getting alerts to this thread , I'm sick of ROKU not fixing a problem we're months into now ... F*** Roku

MacGyverS2000
Reel Rookie

So I received a replacement remote a couple of weeks back, and I wanted to give it some time to see how it truly reacted in the long run.  With the new remote, I have yet to run into the "complete chaos / runaway" volume situation, so that's the good news... the bad news is it's still not "great".  Slow, deliberate clicks work without issue, but a few quick taps have the volume shoot up/down a large amount  (say, 10 notches, when you wanted just 3 or 4).  I feel like a slightly longer delay is in order in the firmware.

So, better... but not ideal.  Given that there has been no firmware upgrade on the Roku box itself, it's an issue with the remote hardware/firmware.  Seems like if it was firmware they could have done an update the next time I plugged it in for recharging, so make your own decision off of that limited info.

0 Kudos
donb
Roku Guru

A new remote is not the fix.  Been there.  It most likely seems like it is better with a new remote because the issue is intermittent in nature.  Volume will still blast, it just depends when you decide to adjust the volume and also on the content you are viewing.  Certain content does not exhibit the issue at all.

0 Kudos
Jpurple80

Volume Button goes all the way to 100

When I press the volume up on my remote it goes all the way to 100. This happens intermittently. It is happening with all of our roku expresses but not on our TCL roku tvs. Does anyone no how to solve this issue? I feel like it could be fixed with an update. (we tried new batteries) 

0 Kudos
Tipytoz

Re: Volume Button goes all the way to 100

Did you get a fix. We had our Roku control replaced and it still does it. We have a Sony TV. I think it’s a programming issue between Roku and some tv brands. 

0 Kudos
ghouston
Binge Watcher

So, this is still an issue. Happened twice today on two different Roku streaming sticks connected to two different TVs in two different areas of my house. Even with a new remote!

Not sure if Roku even gives a **bleep** anymore.

donb
Roku Guru

Yeah, it's not the remote.  I long since posted that I bought a new remote and also a new device+remote but to no avail.  The issue started with the 11.5.0 OS update.  All was well before then.