Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epistuff

Noob question about controlling volume on an old Yamaha receiver

I have a 10 year old Sharp 60" TV which has very limited app loading capabilities.  Hence the interest in a Roku like the Roku Streaming 4k stick.  My sound system is an older Yamaha receiver 5.1 setup with Boston acoustic speakers.  Is it all all possible for the Roku remote to control the volume of my receiver?  I do not use TV speakers.  I'd like the Roku remote to control TV power and AVR volume.  

My present all remote controls the TV and the receiver.  I'd like to have the one Roku remote still do it all.  

Possible?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Noob question about controlling volume on an old Yamaha receiver

I do not believe it is possible.  The Yamaha 5.1 Receiver does not appear to be listed as compatible with Roku, because only Roku manufactured and Roku compatible sound bars can be controlled by the Roku remote.

@Tivoburkee  is very knowledgeable with remotes of any kind, and may help you in this situation.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Epistuff

Thanks for that quick reply Michelle3 (Jordan).

I'll wait for Tivoburkee to chime in.  If its not possible then perhaps a universal remote that can control the Roku and the TV and the receiver???

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

I came across a One for All remote that’s listed as compatible with both the Roku, the TV set and the Soundbar,  however, I have no idea if that one can control all three at the same time or not.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos