Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ComedyAddict
Reel Rookie

No headphone jack on the Roku Remote Pro 2nd Edition

Jump to solution

What! No earbud jack in your new  Roku Voice Remote Pro Second Edition . What's the point of that? Don't you guys realize how most people watch these days. So you've tried to solve the battery drain problem by taking away the poorly designed audio earbud transmission/energy use problem. I have a remote head set - an around the neck type - that syncs with every device I own except the Roku, and its battery lasts for over a week. It can last much longer if you remember to turn it off (yes, it has an on-off button - an advanced technology Roku should investigate!).
So, Roku, you've taken one large step backwards with you new remote. I got an idea - go to your customer suggestion page and listen to your customers criticisms, especially on the battery problem. Or, better yet, just fix the removable battery door problem and go back to your old model.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No headphone jack on the Roku Remote Pro 2nd Edition

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @ComedyAddict!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we greatly value your feedback about the Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition.

The Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition does not feature a headphone jack. However, you can still enjoy private listening by utilizing our Roku Mobile App.

The Roku Mobile App headphone mode enables you to connect your Bluetooth headphones and immerse yourself in a solo streaming session. For detailed instructions on using headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode, please refer to our dedicated support article:

How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ComedyAddict-

I haven't received my Voice Report Pro Ed2 yet (any day now, we'll see...) but I agree removing the headphone jack is a step back.  Wired headphones are always in sync, Bluetooth headphones thru the Roku app can be out of sync and the sync delay adjustment in the app is a pain in the neck and doesn't always fix it.

I was given a Roku Ultra 4800 a couple of years ago that I just used for travel because I was happy with my Streaming Sticks at home.  But I installed it on my living room TV recently because Roku announced it is one of the models with the right chips to now directly feed audio to Bluetooth devices without having to go through the Roku app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @ComedyAddict!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we greatly value your feedback about the Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition.

The Voice Remote Pro 2nd Edition does not feature a headphone jack. However, you can still enjoy private listening by utilizing our Roku Mobile App.

The Roku Mobile App headphone mode enables you to connect your Bluetooth headphones and immerse yourself in a solo streaming session. For detailed instructions on using headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode, please refer to our dedicated support article:

How to use headphones with the Roku mobile app for Headphone Mode

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ComedyAddict
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When our older Pro remote could no longer hold a charge, I had to rely on my phone app while I waited for a replacement. The app is an excessive phone battery drainer - that's true whether you plug your earbuds into you phone or use bluetooth earbuds. Does not matter if the screen is off or not, the phone is constantly communicating with the Roku and draining battery.  

Here's a solution: fix the battery door problem and offer the removable battery model as an alternative. But don't forget the head jack!

We've used your competitors' streaming devices at friends houses and Airbnbs, and have decided to stick with Roku. However, your remote is your Achilles heal - fix it and you'll stay competitive in the market. 

We fixed our head jack problem by buying several of the older models (the ones with earbud jacks) - we keep the ones not in use charging so we always have a remote to use. When those wear out, we'll see if you've made improvements, and, if not, we'll find another brand, and, hopefully, by that time, your competitors will not also have gone the Apple way and forgone plug ins.

Have you heard, the European Union will force phone manufactures to have removable batteries by 2027 - hallelujah! 

FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I actually don’t mind “no headphone jack” as I use Bluetooth from my ROKU directly to my SHOKZ bone conduction headphones, or Jabra headphones.  It’s the red flashing light on the RCB1r and request to pair 6 or more times a day I find annoying. Or that the remote won’t communicate the the base unit ROKU without pairing action

0 Kudos