Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hunnu

No Volume OSD with New Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Gen)

Just picked up the new 2nd Gen Voice Remote Pro with backlighting, etc. It’s replacing my 1st Gen VRP. Weird thing is, I don’t get the on screen volume indicator when increasing/decreasing volume like I did with the original VRP. Using the Roku Ultra connected to Sony TV and Sony Soundbar. I even tried setting up the remote with the soundbar disconnected first. Volume OSD only works now when the soundbar is off. Pisses me off.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Volume OSD with New Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd Gen)

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @hunnu!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about being unable to show the on-screen display of the volume indicator when increasing or decreasing it using your new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition. We'd be happy to be of assistance. 

Kindly make sure to remove the remote you're not using that was previously connected to your Roku Ultra by navigating to your Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Choose the remote you want to remove.

After doing so, set up your new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition under the Remotes category, select Set Up remote for TV control, and choose CEC setup. 

Once again, congratulations on your new Roku Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos