Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waynoworld
Reel Rookie

New Roku voice remote power button doesn't turn on tv until several tries

Jump to solution

However, my old 'non-voice' roku tv remote works on the first time.  It's almost like the voice remote is 'asleep' and needs to wake up before it actually sends a command for the first time.  This is only an issue when turning on the tv, powering off the tv hasn't been a problem -- and all other buttons work without a problem.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
waynoworld
Reel Rookie

Re: New Roku voice remote power button doesn't turn on tv until several tries

Jump to solution

The problem has been resolved - Apparently, it was the tv's power saver mode, which (for some reason) didn't recognize the voice remote's first couple of commands.  Turning this off resolved the issue.  I still don't understand why the older 'non-voice' remote was not affected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try reprogramming the remote for your tv, don't accept the first positive result, skip it by pressing YES, lie to it that the music is still playing, even though it went off, use the tv remote to turn the volume back on, and see if later codes work better. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
waynoworld
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The problem has been resolved - Apparently, it was the tv's power saver mode, which (for some reason) didn't recognize the voice remote's first couple of commands.  Turning this off resolved the issue.  I still don't understand why the older 'non-voice' remote was not affected.

0 Kudos