Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Roku remote won’t pair with TV

I have an Avera Digital TV but the default codes do not work.  I am hoping there are similar manufacturers I can use.  Going through them one at a time is not a good option

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

New Roku remote won’t pair with TV

It auto tried 2 codes for Avera Digital. Neither worked, so I hoping for another option

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku remote won’t pair with TV

Hi @Therecanbonly1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about using your Roku remote, and we'll be glad to assist you with that. Kindly try using any Onn codes and see if any work. If it doesn't, please be advised that there may be brands that we don't have support for. In those cases, you will need to use your TV remote to continue to control your TV.

Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

I have tried pairing with a Vizio and a Panasonic . Neither work. I tried replacing batteries in remote that didn’t work either. I bought 2 Rokus and the first easily paired with an old Emerson tv but this won the remote does not stay lit and it won’t pair. Please advise or do I need to return to store

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jflitcroft888, a note about terminology:

You don't pair a Roku remote with any kind of TV other than a Roku TV.  You pair a Roku remote with a Roku device and then set up the remote to control the power and volume of the TV the Roku device is connected to by going through the procedure under Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->[your remote]->Set up remote for TV control.

Having said that, what are you trying to do?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos