Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LILANGEL

New Roku Streaming Stick+ - Remote wont scroll/Tab in adding wifi password area

Jump to solution

I was able to pair my remote with my TV.

It found my WIFI. When trying to input my wifi password the remote would not always tab up and down using the arrow keys on the remote and will not let me go down to the 'CONNECT' button after inputting my wifi password.

How can I get the remote to move down to the 'CONNECT' button??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New Roku Streaming Stick+ - Remote wont scroll/Tab in adding wifi password area

Jump to solution

@RF6 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RF6

Re: New Roku Streaming Stick+ - Remote wont scroll/Tab in adding wifi password area

Jump to solution

my problem except it wont let me scroll up and down at all  How do I get a new remote?  how do i contact the company.  I need some customer service here.  I have two Rokus already.  I see from the internet this is a common problem.  Can i just get a replacement?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RF6 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Maxxy10

Jump to solution

Can’t get arrow to put in password

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Maxxy10

I hope you're doing well.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Please also reply here with a photo of the problem occurring. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Had the exact issue. The answer here from tech was not helpful. Simply unplug the stick from the power and the tv for a few seconds then hook it back up. The home screen will come back on and remote works. Hope this helps someone 🙂

0 Kudos