Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuidoVeneto
Reel Rookie

New Roku 4K+ Remote not working properly

Just recieved another ROKU 4K+ remote and the scroll down arrow is not working.  Reset and replaced original  batteries...no help.  (Blue light is on) Tried to operate remote 5, 10 and 15 feet as well as directly in front of the receiving unit and at a 45 degree angle (right and left) and no luck. Also, I am now only able to turn on my set with the remote and cant turn it off.  I've tried another remote from another room in the house and it works fine.  Any ideas how to troubleshoot further or get a replacement remote??

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: New Roku 4K+ Remote not working properly

Hi @GuidoVeneto,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. Let us try to pair them again and see if it will fix the issue. Please try these steps below to put your streaming device and voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.
  6. Remove the battery cover on the back of your voice remote.
  7. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment.
  8. Wait 5 seconds, and then reinsert the batteries.
  9. If your remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  10. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home button and Back button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  11. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries.
  12. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

You can also check out this link here for more details on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Let us know if this works for you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos