Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frata

Need opinion on Is My Remote Bad?

Jump to solution

The past month my Roku remote is acting funny. The volume down button was causing the TV to go up. The volume up button did as it should and so does the mute. Then, the volume down button started to mute. Now the volume down button doesn't do anything. Also, if I hit the rewind button, it will turn the TV completely off. FWIW, it's an LG TV and recently got a new LG Soundbar, but everything worked fine with the soundbar when we first got it. All my other remotes (LG, Comcast, soundbar) work correctly for the volume. The Roku device is a stick (I believe it's a Roku Stick+). It's probably a good 6 to 8 years old. I'm thinking just get a whole new Stick?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need opinion on Is My Remote Bad?

Jump to solution

Hi @frata,

Greetings the Roku Community,

We are delighted to welcome you to our platform. However, we noticed that you are facing an issue with your remote control where the volume buttons are not functioning as expected. In most cases, a simple restart can help resolve the issue. If you have not attempted any troubleshooting yet, we have covered it in detail on our support page, which you can access here: How to fix your Roku voice remote.

If the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the support page do not apply to your issue, please let us know along with the serial number of the device to which the remote is paired. We will take a deeper look into the issue and offer a solution.

Sincerely,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need opinion on Is My Remote Bad?

Jump to solution

Hi @frata,

Greetings the Roku Community,

We are delighted to welcome you to our platform. However, we noticed that you are facing an issue with your remote control where the volume buttons are not functioning as expected. In most cases, a simple restart can help resolve the issue. If you have not attempted any troubleshooting yet, we have covered it in detail on our support page, which you can access here: How to fix your Roku voice remote.

If the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the support page do not apply to your issue, please let us know along with the serial number of the device to which the remote is paired. We will take a deeper look into the issue and offer a solution.

Sincerely,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos