Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vdaam

Need Help with 3810x won’t pair with remote

Odd situation, but the WiFi device (WR001) on my streaming stick broke so I ordered a new one directly from Roku. When I got it and hooked it up my device didn’t connect to the WiFi network and the remote didn’t pair. I did a hard reset on the Roku and put the remote in pairing mode but still no luck. The green light on the remote is blinking but the Roku isn’t recognizing it. Anyone experience this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need Help with 3810x won’t pair with remote

Hi @vdaam,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having an issue with your Roku remote since it was not able to pair with your Roku device. We're happy to assist you further. Please try the troubleshooting steps below.

Put your streaming device in pairing mode.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device.
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds.
  3. Re-connect the power cable.
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your voice remote.
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment.
  3. Wait 5 seconds, and then reinsert the batteries.
  4. If your remote has a pairing button, press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  5. If your remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold both the Home button and Back button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.
  6. If the status light does not flash, try replacing the batteries.
  7. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos