Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAVEPIG63

No batteries included in the Roku remote

I PURCHASED THE ROKU EXPRESS 4K+ WITH VOICE REMOTE ON APRIL 27th 2024 FROM HOME DEPOT,  AND WHEN I GOT HOME AND HOOKED IT UP , I GOT TO THE REMOTE PART , AND THERE WERE NO BATTERIES INSTALLED AS STATED, THEN I TRIED TO USE VOICE AND IT'S NOT THE VOICE REMOTE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE BOX) DO I RETURN TO PLACE OF PURCHASE? OR IS IT SOMETHING YOU HANDLE? TRIED RETURNING IT BUT ALL THEY OFFERED WAS REFUND, BECAUSE, I HAD BOUGHT THE LAST ONE IN THIER INVENTORY, SO NOW I'M REACHING OUT TO YOU BECAUSE I DON'T WANT A REFUND, I WANT THE RIGHT REMOTE FOR THE MODEL I BOUGHT! CAN YOU HELP ME ??? 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No batteries included in the Roku remote

Was the box sealed when you bought it?

The most likely explanation is that somebody purchased the Roku to get the Voice Remote then replaced it with a non-Voice remote they had on hand and returned it to the store, who then resold it to you. 

Take it back to the store for exchange.  If you're lucky they won't think YOU are the one trying make the remote swap.

Edited to add..

If they are still out of inventory, register your complaint and get them to agree to give you an exchange when they get some.  Meanwhile, unless the swapped remote is nonfunctional, you should be able to use it with the Express until the store's inventory is replenished.  This will be an infrared remote that "just works" without being paired, in fact, it cannot be paired.  Just be sure you have a direct line of sight from the remote to the front of the Roku.

And further edited:

Or just return the whole thing to Home Depot for the refund and purchase from somewhere else.  Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Amazon, etc., or directly from Roku. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos