Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BLW-C
Reel Rookie

NEW Remote, mute button, freezes

My new remote’s mute button will not release.  Volume buttons are also frozen.  The remote for my LG sound bar will unfreeze it.  What’s with that?  Very annoying—especially since I just paid for it!  Hopefully, I can go back to my old remote & regard the new one as just throwing away  money.  I’ll no longer consider a Roku tv!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NEW Remote, mute button, freezes

Hi @BLW-C,

To the Roku Community, a warm welcome!

We will be more than happy to assist you with your Roku remote since the volume buttons are frozen. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided below.

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select Remotes & devices.
  3. Select Remotes followed by your remote.
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control.

Please keep us posted if the issue still persists.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BLW-C
Reel Rookie

It froze again this morning when I muted a commercial.  I bought 2 of the new remotes for 2 tvs.  The other one doesn’t seem to have a problem.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BLW-C,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're here to further assist you regarding your concern. Have you tried unpairing and pairing your Roku remote? If not, we recommend performing it to resolve the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

Re-pair your voice remote to your streaming device

Put your streaming device in pairing mode:

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV screen.
  5. Within 30 seconds of seeing the Home screen on your TV screen, put your voice remote into pairing mode.

Put your voice remote in pairing mode:

1. Press and hold the pairing button on your voice remote for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, and then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote will restart.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote.
  3. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your streaming device.

Once your streaming device and remote are connected, the pairing dialog will appear on your TV screen.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BLW-C
Reel Rookie

1. “Remove the power cable from your streaming device“

Which is my streaming device?  The Comcast router for internet, the little Roku gizmo, or the TV?

0 Kudos