Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku remote uses batteries at an unacceptable level

Hello @heidelbergkid

Thanks for the post.

We checked your support ticket and it is already being handled by our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Tired of replacing batteries

Hello @Ericm1

Thanks for the post.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device that is paired with the remote?

Please keep us posted with the detail.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Ericm1
Binge Watcher

The serial number is in the original post….

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ericm1

Appreciate the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to resolve your issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Ericm1-

As far as I know, any Roku remote with a microphone connects to the Roku by wifi-direct.  Wifi remotes must be linked to the individual Roku they are to control and can be affected by wifi issues.

Again as far as I know, all remotes without microphones control by infrared not wifi.  Infrared remotes are not linked individually to any given Roku device and they are not affected by wifi issues.

So.. are the ones not giving you battery problems infrared remotes?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Ericm1
Binge Watcher

This is a misleading, if not downright false, statement. When I had the Roku powered through a wall adapter, I would turn off the tv for the night and go upstairs. When I would turn my tv back on in the morning, the Roku would still be streaming on whatever channel I was using the night before.

So, at the very least, it required an extra step before turning off the tv, I would have to go back to the Roku home screen to stop the unit from using bandwidth. Even then, I'm sure it was using bandwidth - not withstanding your "material bandwidth" qualifier.

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Re: My Roku remote uses batteries at an unacceptable level

This issue has recently resurfaced again, possibly since the last build on the 12.5.0 Upgrade. 

Still testing this out, I'm going to use batteries out of a different batch.  

It appears also when I remove the "spent" batteries they still test good like the remote is taking the top edge off the battery. (I can still use the old remote batteries in other items).  Batteries have lasted about 3-4 days recently.  

0 Kudos