Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minoo

My Roku TV remote suddenly popped

Is this help offered to other customers who are having the same issue? I had the exact same thing happen. One remote was my daughter's, which we ended up upgrading anyhow. Recently it was my remote the was purchased at the same time as the upgrade. Its barely 6 months old. I've cleaned the remote of the acid but like the O.G posted I'm afraid that'll happen again or might not be safe. Because I have a Roku express. I'm not allowed to talk to customer service via chat. Its not covered apparently. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Anothercustomer
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV remote suddenly popped

I have never been contacted by Roku with any advice or offer to repair/replace or correct the issue other than suggesting I buy a replacement remote from the Roku site. I was contacted and asked to provide the device ID/serial # but, nothing ever came of it. I have since switched to a Google Chrome Cast device for my televisions. It was actually cheaper when on sale ($20 check the black Friday sale or Cyber Monday deals happening right now) and I have had no issues at all with the Chrome Cast devices.

I do not approve of Roku's response to these potentially dangerous issues and cannot forgive them for refusing to allow ALL their customers to receive help from them with their product issues regardless of price/version.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku TV remote suddenly popped

Hi @Minoo,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into the issue you're having with the Roku remote. Could you clarify more about the problem that you're having?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos