Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

Hi @gortiz

Just wanted to welcome you here in the Roku community and thank you for reaching out regarding this issue going on.

We appreciate you providing those details regarding this. We'll have this information passed along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

As a workaround, you can use the Roku mobile app as an alternative. For more information, visit our support page here: How to use the Roku® mobile app to control your Roku device without a remote.

We'll make sure to update this thread and let the Community know once we have updates available regarding this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leceepoo

Mine just started doing that two days ago, yes very frustrating. It was also freezing. the main channel thats affected is hulu. Goimg to try the unplugging trick and hope it fixes the issues.

0 Kudos
AlanLance

A restart will keep all settings, channels and watch history. Everything is stored in memory (like an internal thumb drive), so powering off and on will not change the contents (like moving a thumb drive doesn't lose information).

0 Kudos
Dwistocki1

And the same to me!

0 Kudos
Dwistocki1

MIne just started 3 days ago. It keeps scrolling. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dwistocki1,

Thanks for reaching out and for your post in the Roku Community!

Our team is aware of this issue. We still don't have any updates on it.

Have you tried restarting your device by unplugging it, resting it for at least 10–15 minutes, then plugging it back in to see if you're still seeing the same issue?

Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jimbob70

Mine does as well but only on the Disney plus app, none of the others. That's weird 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jimbob70,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing this information with us, as well as your feedback regarding this concern. We recommend following the steps below to resolve this issue.

1. Remove the Disney+ channel by highlighting it from the channel tile and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channel back by searching for it from the "Streaming Store."

Kindly check to see if the issue has been resolved after performing the recommended steps above.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lharr01

It is also doing the same thing in the Xfinity app. It started for us about mid August.  On both Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lharr01,

Welcome, and thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Xfinity app. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuTakashi?

If the problem persists, keep us posted on what you find out!
All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos