Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shoparod
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

Like others are saying, I unplugged my roku stick for a few minutes and it stopped the scrolling issue. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shoparod,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Our team is aware of this and is currently investigating this issue. Could you please provide us with the following information mentioned above in the post by @RokuAnjelie?

We look forward to your response and the device information that is needed.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Akasha23

This just started happening to me. I have Roku voice remote, streaming stick and LG TV. Every app had scrolling issues. Peacock, HBO, Prime. I clicked once on the up/down or side arrows to scroll shows/movies and it would skip 2 or 3 at a time. I tried new batteries, even a new remote, nothing worked. I tried using this path on the original remote and it finally worked. I hope this helps others! 
Settings>System>Power>System Restart

0 Kudos
Craftimax
Reel Rookie

Cannot stop the scrolling. I have unplugged and waited. Have reset. Nothing works.  

Craftimax
Reel Rookie

Just tried what you suggested/did and it stopped the problem. Settings to System to Restart. Hope this works for others. What a relief!!!!!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Craftimax,

Thanks for the posts.
We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • When the problem was first noticed

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gabekar

Excellent this worked like a charm thank you!!

0 Kudos
gortiz

I restarted to factory and didn't work.

0 Kudos
gortiz

My Roku Express don't stop scrolling. The problem started today, but the last software updated was in April or june.

Model 3930MX

Serial number: X00400KPLJR7

Software version: 12.0.0 compilation 4184-AE

ID device: S011326PLJR7

0 Kudos
gortiz

I forgot tell i restart to factory without any change, even worst, after full restore I take a time to select language because it couldn't stop to scroll

0 Kudos