Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

image.jpg

#roku express 

0 Kudos
Jbd6307
Reel Rookie

Pair your remote with your box...fixed!

0 Kudos
inezaustin

It's not you, Roku made a change and everyone's remote is malfunctioning.  I thought it was just mine, but one by one all of mine are now scrolling, etc. Same for a friend in Boise, one in Colorado Springs and one in Atlanta.  Roku needs to admit their programming mistake and get this fixed.

Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

I known. But the remote is uncontrollable how can I select the language, link the Wi-Fi and finish the setting. The scrolling problem came up even I had hard reset the box and take out the batteries

0 Kudos
Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

It’s so stressful. After seen these posts, I don’t want to buy a new remote as this is a system not the remote problem 

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding your Roku remote keeps scrolling. Could you please give us more details regarding your issue so we can further assist you.

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

@RokuAnjelie 

My device is Roku express.

Serial number: X00400STFATA

thats all the information I have as I had reset the whole device and unable to set up from beginning 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joyiseverywhere,

Thanks for providing us with additional details about this.

We'll pass this case along with the information you have provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have the information available, we'll make sure to let the Community know about it.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
zoogirl22

Everything was working fine on 8/1/2023 ..turned it on today and like a previous lady said was as if the remote had a mind of it's own! All over the place except where I wanted it...made my blood pressure rise significantly. Never could get it to stop on My Stuff and play anything.!

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @zoogirl22,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can do further investigation. We can look forward to your response.
Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos