Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merchantmt

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

My remote keeps runnng through one to three channels or movies at a time.  It won't stop on the channel or app that I want it to.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @merchantmt,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we acknowledge your concern. We would be more than glad to assist. To resolve the issue, we recommend performing a restart of your Roku device. Navigate to Settings > System > System Restart. After this step, kindly check to see if the issue has been resolved.

Keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bx3

Hi John it’s not the remotes it has to be the software… it is happening all over, brand new remotes or old remotes. Mine just started but but wrong these posts are about a month old so apparently nothing has been fixed on Rokus end … is there a phone number to actually call to talk to someone? 

0 Kudos
Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

This is not John, but did you do a restart from the setting menu it look thru the threads about scrolling, majority of people people either a hard or soft restart seems to correct the issue.  I do not know of any phone contacts. 

0 Kudos
Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

Hi I tried to follow the above instructions but it’s seem it’s don’t work. As I tried to press the button, the remote is out of control and refuses to work properly. I am not even able to press any buttons 

0 Kudos
GregJ1
Reel Rookie

Try unplugging it and removing the batteries from the remote for a few minutes.

0 Kudos
GregJ1
Reel Rookie

I did it thru the settings menu

0 Kudos
Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

I just tried it. But it’s seem my remote is completely out of control and doesn’t allow me to press any button. I tried to reset the Roku by press the bottom on the device but it’s not working at all. Just kept scrolling and scrolling 

0 Kudos
Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

My device is Roku express

0 Kudos
Joyiseverywhere
Channel Surfer

shot out to the community admin 

I had pressed the reset button on the Roku express and try to reset the whole thing. But once I open it, it’s just automatically scrolling and cannot respond to anything. What should I do?

0 Kudos