Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregJ1
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

I fixed it by restarting the roku box. Thanks 

Auri

Someone astutely referred to you as JohnB, as in SloopJohnB who just wants to go home. It appears you simply pasted a pat response to an issue that has been going on for weeks. ROKU needs to address the root cause of this issue. Love my ROKUs; but please pay attention to your customers. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

• I hope that you don't think I work for Roku I am a customer just like you do. I took had the issue as did many others and posted what I did.  It worked for me but maybe not for everyone. 
0 Kudos
Tbird20d
Reel Rookie

I just wanted to comment that this was also app-specific for me.  For me, Netflix and Paramount apps were affected, but Roku home menus, and the Prime Video and YouTube apps did not have the problem.  This was before my device restart, which fixed the problem for me.   I'm writing this just to provide Roku with more data to possibly fix the issue (as I see that the problem still persists for many users).

0 Kudos
Melissa9

When I go to search for a movie it will keep moving and not stop on one letter it will keep moving 

0 Kudos
Melissa9

When I try to search for a movie and switch to letters, it keeps moving and doesn’t stop in 1 letter

0 Kudos
Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

Trying doing a restart which can be found in settings. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Melissa9,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rick5150

I have the same problem. I also have the problem of the volume going up and down. Good luck with getting any of these issues addressed or resolved by Roku. Like many companies today they are not responsive to complaints or problems with their products. Seems odd that these issues regardless of the brand of TV, all have in common that they are Roku. So who is going to take responsibility for these problems? My tv is a TCL Roku. It's easy for them to blame one another for the problem and just avoid the issue. After all we no longer have any consumer protection in the US. 

0 Kudos
Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

Have you followed the thread, most people do a restart from menu and it seems to work.  I am a customer just like you. 

0 Kudos