Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deacon1
Reel Rookie

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

I powered Roku and TV off - then unhooked the power to the Roku and Roku cable to the TV. Waited 10 minutes - re-hooked it all up - the "spinning (scrolling) in the channel selection stabilized". YEH!!

With my remote doing the same thing, scrolling past, if I unplug it does it reset what I already have saved? ( 1st ever streaming device of a roku bought at best buy) thank you 

dekpho
Reel Rookie

Yes, it’s ok to unplug the Roku. My understanding is that your saved things are stored online in your Roku account not the device 

Blondo2
Reel Rookie

I posted earlier, after reading many replies, I did do the reset in settings after first checking if any updates. This worked to stop the auto scrolling issue (for me it was within my Xfinity streaming app).

I have tried a hard restart. I replaced the Roku remote. But, it still is scrolling channels. I am unable to stop it from scrolling until it decides to stop. What would be my next step? This is only happening on TV that has the Roku Ultra Stick

0 Kudos
michaelaskew654
Reel Rookie

If your Roku remote keeps scrolling uncontrollably within apps and while searching, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the issue:

Check the remote's batteries: Ensure that the batteries in your Roku remote have enough power. If they are low, replace them with fresh batteries and see if the scrolling issue persists.

Clean the remote: Sometimes, dirt or debris on the buttons or sensors can cause erratic behavior. Clean the remote by gently wiping the buttons and the infrared (IR) sensor with a soft, dry cloth.

Regards:

apkfik

0 Kudos
GregJ1
Reel Rookie

I restarted my Roku box thru the settings selection and that solved the issue.

0 Kudos
Tbird20d
Reel Rookie

Rebooting the Roku unit worked for me. On some streaming apps a single arrow press would move the cursor multiple items (an indeterminate number - often 2 or 3). It was very hard to select the desired item. Changing batteries in the remote had no effect, but rebooting the Roku device fixed it. I restarted by unplugging the power and plugging it back in.

Thanks for the tip!

This is happening with me also. But only in the Hulu app.  Very frustrating.  I've tried all the hints mentioned in several of these threads (re-starting, new batteries, etc) and nothing is working.  Hoping this gets a fix soon.

0 Kudos
dekpho
Reel Rookie

Unplugging the device and restarting it has worked for me. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the remote or which app is being used. I have a TABLO for OTA channels and the scrolling issue was there too. It's been a couple of weeks since reset and still working ok.

0 Kudos