Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

That's good news👍🏻

0 Kudos
CrzyFanGrl

Same thing has been going on with my roku tv remote since Yesterday. Found this post and did the restart fix, and that did the trick. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
deacon1
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue as everyone else on this page - but do not see any solutions?????

Why, Mark

0 Kudos
Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

This worked for me on my 3 TV's and several other people.  Scrolled through menu and do a restart. You can also check the thread. 

0 Kudos
akex1976

You can unplug the power of the roku device for 60 seconds, this will do a hard reset and hopefully fixes your problem. it fixed mine. 

0 Kudos
Wendra9

I did a system restart & that fixed the scrolling problem. I had also  updated the software. 

0 Kudos
dekpho
Reel Rookie

I started having the same problem about a month ago. I thought I needed to buy a new remote, but from all the posts, it seems like ROKU needs to fix this issue.

All 3 of my Roku remotes are doing the same thing. We tried changing batteries, then pairing our other remotes and still doing it. Then I went through each app to see if it’s doing it in all of them, strangely enough it’s only doing that weird scrolling when using Hulu or Disney + app. I’ll try doing a hard reset like some have suggested. 

Stu42

I am having the same issue with the remote auto-scrolling several spaces over/up/down. I changed the batteries, which had no effect. Then I tried using my universal remote, and it still happened. This makes me think it's an issue with the Roku device itself, not the remote. 

Onitakezo

Yeah it’s very specific it does it to Disney+ and Hulu or tubi but not Amazon or Netflix. Clearly this is a issue with an update that now needs to be updated