Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the issue with the Roku remote!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku remote. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cdm22

The same thing is happening to me. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
tyorty

How can one get to the system settings menu when the remote doesn't work? I'm having the same issue it just started on one of my two Roku devices. I've unplugged the Roku to do a hard restart and it didn't fix the problem it has to be a software issue did you push an update? Please push a fix as soon as possible. My device and TV are high up on the wall and it is very inconvenient to be playing with this thing on a ladder.

tkdozal
Reel Rookie

I have a 2 Ultra and one older model and they all just started doing this last week. All new battery and have checked all software. No changes on any of my Roku units. 

tkdozal
Reel Rookie

How do I roll back to the previous software version?  Seems to be all units on the latest software. Just tested on my unit in my home gym that is on older software and that one is still working fine. 

Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

This happened to me on my 3 Roku sticks and I did a system restart and they are all working fine and I have the latest software update

0 Kudos

I am having the same issue on multiple Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
Dynawd94
Binge Watcher

See the thread from the person this person RukuJohnB he is a community moderator, hopefully this helps

I did a restart on my 3 TV's and they work fine now. 

0 Kudos
tkdozal
Reel Rookie

Update: Unplugged all 3 that we’re having the issue and then rebooted them and now they are behaving normally again. A restart from the normal menu didn’t work, but a hard reboot from removing power did work. Hope that helps others who run into this. Very strange that all 3 of my devices in the house started doing this at the same time.  But the fix is easy enough. 

Blondo2
Reel Rookie

• I am having this same issue and just beginning to research. Thought it was the remote. Replaced batteries and same issue persisted. Tonight noticed same thing on a different tv/Roku device. Seems too coincidental to be: remotes, usb cable or Roku device. Let me know if you find a resolution. 

• **Update** I posted before seeing the previous reply’s. Will try those suggestions. Thank you!
0 Kudos