Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

mine too, just started, now have to keep it unplugged while not using

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dthomas3457,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're experiencing the same issue, and we'd like to be of assistance here. Could you tell us the exact steps that led you to this behavior? Is this happening on all the channels on the Roku platform? Does this issue also occur when using the Roku Mobile app?

Tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lala0adams
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra, restated with my phone as a remote, things work fine. BUT using any of the Roku remotes I have, the start scrolling on their own. Fresh batteries, old or new, they start scrolling. It only started today .

Software 12.5.5 build 4174

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lala0adams,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this Roku remote issue since it keeps scrolling. Can you please check if there is a stuck button on your Roku remote? Try to unplug the Roku Ultra and TV for 1 to 2 minutes and re-plug them back again.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NewProfile
Reel Rookie

I didn't have a problem with this until the last update on Jan 18, 2024.  I have a 4662RW Ultra LT running Software 12.5.5 build 4174-46.  Not every app has the scrolling issue, but it is grossly annoying while attempting to browse YouTube.  I have done all the resets and app updates, but nothing helps.  This has obviously been a problem for Roku for at least 4 mos. and didn't affect my unit until 1/18 update.  If this is not fixed soon, my Rokus are going in the trash, and I will revert back to the FireSticks I was using prior to the Rokus.  FYI - I hate the ads taking up most of the space on my home screen. This is why I switched from the FireStick anyway.  Ironic that under home screen settings I have every "Hide" option selected, but I can't have my home screen free of stuff I don't want to see. If an ad free, dependable device ever becomes available, my Rokus are history.

User choices and software bugs - thumbs down. You have to start listening to your customers.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @NewProfile

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the experiences you had with the uncontrollable scrolling of the Roku remote. We'd be more than willing to assist. Could you please confirm if this issue occurs while navigating through the Roku Home screen, or does this issue happen to specific channels? 

Additionally, we recommend performing the power source unplugging for 5 minutes and plugging it back again to see if you're able to see any improvements.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tilbert
Reel Rookie

Has Roku ever said why this is happening?    This has been going on for over a year.  It keeps happening to people at seemingly random times.  It seems like if this had been a software update issue it would have been taken care of when people updated.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Tilbert

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We see that the issue has persisted, and we're sorry to hear about this. May we know if this issue occurs with a specific channel or happens throughout navigating the Roku platform?

Additionally, have you performed several troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue such as a system restart and the unplug/replug?

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sodius

Same issue with my stream bar.  Have done everything as suggested including leaving my unit unplugged for an extended period of time and trying again.  Replacing the batteries seemed to help for a time but then it started back up again. YouTube is the worst offender, probably due to the nature of the app, but it even happens on the Home Screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sodius,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you had with the Roku remote. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Could you elaborate more about the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos