Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s6original

Re: My Roku Remote Keeps Scrolling

This has aggravated me enough to use a different streamer.  Though I much prefer Roku, the other device doesn't frustrate me every other minute. 

Unplug the device and plug it back in.  This works but I'm not into it three times a night. 

itsizzi
Channel Surfer

Same issue here. Only on the Roku channel. Plugging and unplugging stops it briefly, only to start again once you leave Roku and try to return. This is not an "us" issue, it's a them, being Roku, issue. Problem with their hardware and or glitch between the channel and their device.

0 Kudos
Bluya76
Channel Surfer

I agree. I've been more than patient, but no software update since May '23 to address this Roku only problem is ridiculous. Both of my Roku soundbars and 2 tvs continue to develop this issue even after the temporary fixes. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for informing us, @itsizzi.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Since this issue only happens inside The Roku Channel app, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps where you should remove the app, perform a system reboot, and then reinstall it to see if it will make any difference. 

To remove the channel, navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel." After doing so, try restarting your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again. Also, try to update the app by pressing the star* button on your remote and choosing "Update app."

Furthermore, we also have the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. It works well with all of Roku's streaming devices and has a private listening feature. 

Let us know how it goes. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Bluya76.

Please be aware that the Roku streaming platform constantly upgrades its system and features for your convenience and satisfaction. 

Kindly try to manually check for the latest software updates on your Roku TVs by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System Update > Check Now

Let us know if there's anything else we can be of assistance with, and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so or create a new thread for different concerns.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

***ALERT ALERT ALERT***

EDIT AGAIN: Hahaha yeah, the below "fix" didn't even last 12 hrs. Did the device update, and screw it up, again?!

I edited my comment, because I fixed the issue. You need to reset your network, on your TV. I also had to initialize the device, so I had to do the set up again. Try those in conjunction, if network reset alone doesn't do it. This problem occured, when I tried streaming a video from my phone, to my TV.

0 Kudos
Mutt

I also was having the scrolling problem, but only on the Roku Ultra and only with the remote that came with it. Using an old 4k stick remote with the Ultra works perfectly. I ordered a new Ultra remote and then took the old Ultra remote apart to have a look. There was no food or gunk around the cursor buttons, but it looked to me as if the rubber didn't have enough clearance cut out in the plastic front of the remote. The rubber of the buttons also goes  underneath the plastic front, probably to keep liquids out. Resetting was never a permanent fix for me, but 5 months using the 4k stick remote has worked flawlessly. 

0 Kudos

All my ruku players are constantly  scrolling also

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lamarisaiahjohn,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku remote. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to unplug the Roku device and TV for 2 to 3 minutes, then re-plug them again.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mia521
Reel Rookie

Mine started this .. I tried everything mentioned , shut it off for over an hr .. even changed HDMI cords .. I also got the box from our living room and tried it on the tv that was scrolling.. and it still scrolled (even though 2nd box was just working perfectly in the LR ) .. So that told me it was the TV, I changed which HDMI port I was using and it now works perfect again.. 

0 Kudos