Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbs3
Reel Rookie

My Premire went south.. ROKU comes up. Options not active.

My premire no longer functions.. Roku comes up but the arrow/directions no longer work..

Options (the *) is not active on the Roku tv screen.

I just read the this model is no longer available or (?) supported.. Please advise.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
tbs3
Reel Rookie

Re: My Premire went south.. ROKU comes up. Options not active.

ROKU is up on the television screen, butthe Premire controller does not function I put in new batteries.. no soap.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

The Roku Premiere is still supported.  However, Roku no longer sells it.  And just because something is no longer sold doesn’t mean it’s no longer supported.  For instance, Roku no longer sells the two Roku Express + models with the analog A/V outputs, but both are still supported.

I’d suggest to check if your Roku device is connected directly to the USB port on your TV set, or to a wall outlet or power strip.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
tbs3
Reel Rookie

I fixed it. As I recall, the remote fell on the floor whilst we were watching at lunch yesterday.
I first changed the batteries and then went thru all the trouble-shooting steps. Nada.

We disconnected the power to it last night and this AM I reconnected all the cables and again nichevo/zip.

I lightly tapped the remote on the coffee table and the remote became active.

Not exactly a bigger hammer repair, but close.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Honestly, I think I know how you feel.  I have the Express+ 3910, which I’ve had for two years, but it originally came with just a plain Simple Remote without the voice control.  Almost two days ago, I went to a local Walmart store and bought a regular Voice Remote (RC691) to replace the original remote with, and it works great.  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Reminds me of an episode of Doctor Who where the doctor says: “This looks like Earth technology.”  He flips some levers, pushes some buttons – everything stays dark.  They he smacks it with his fist and everything comes to life and he says: “Definitively Earth technology!”

0 Kudos