Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roker2024
Reel Rookie

Lost sound after pairing Voice Remote Pro

Have a Roku TV with a soundbar attached. My roku remote controlled the volume on the TV just fine.

Just bought a Roku Voice Remote Pro. Paired it and it worked, then tried to set up the custom button to control closed captions. I lost any volume control. No icon. Even voice command wont raise volume.

I turned off sound bar trough audio output settings and can get sound through TV speakers, but no longer through soundbar (ARC), which had worked before. I get that Roku remote wont control sounbar, but my old roku remote did control TV volume which was pumped out of the soundbar.

I tried repairing.

My remote & devices > Remotes settings does NOT present a TV set up Remote for TV control option.

Again, all seemed to work until I messed with the custom closed caption function.

I have also tried turning OFF closed captions.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Lost sound after pairing Voice Remote Pro

A warm greetings here in the Roku Community, @Roker2024!

We appreciate you reaching out for support regarding your remote. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, may we know what model is your external soundbar? 

Furthermore, let us try to reset your remotes that are currently connected to your Roku TV by navigating to Settings > Remotes & devices > forget the two remotes. After doing so, kindly try to re-pair your preferred remote and then try to see if it navigates your soundbar as well. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. We'll be waiting!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roker2024
Reel Rookie

Re: Lost sound after pairing Voice Remote Pro

Hi Carly,

I have a Wohome 2.0 CH wired sound bar. I have tried optical and HDMI.

Also, I do not have 'Forget' in Settings > Remotes & devices > forget

In Remotes & devices I have 'Remote's and 'Speakers'. In 'Remotes', I have only Voice Remote Pro.

Speakers gives wireless soundbar, but not wired.

0 Kudos