Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrWatson2019
Reel Rookie

LG tv update defaults to LG splash screen with their apps before I can use Roku remote

My LG TV just recently updated and I'm having the same problem using two (2) remotes to get the Roku device to work.  Your answers sound great but I can't locate the 'General' setting on my LG TV.  So do I contact LG or Roku customer support for a solution?  I appears that my LG TV is not a new LG where these settings appear for a solution. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: LG tv update defaults to LG splash screen with their apps before I can use Roku remote

Hi @DrWatson2019,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would recommend contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.
For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrWatson2019
Reel Rookie

Re: LG tv update defaults to LG splash screen with their apps before I can use Roku remote

Thanks!  Tried contacting LG Support and solution did not work.  Appreciate the advice.  My Samsung works well with Roku.  It appears LG just made it a little messy.

0 Kudos
Rsbcanton

I had this issue with my LG tv. I contacted LG support and the following was their reply:

Based on the provided information, it seemsthat the recent LG update has caused yourRoku remote's power button to turn on theLG home screen instead of defaulting to HDMIone port. To resolve this issue, please followthese steps:

1. Verify Your TV Model: Press the MUTEbutton on your TV remote five times quicklyto display the model number on your screen.This will help us determine if your TV model isaffected by the recent software update.

2. Determine If Your Model Is Affected: If yourTV model contains "UP," "C1," "G1," "B1," or"UN," it is one of the affected models. In thatcase, proceed to the next step. If your TVmodel is not affected, please describe theissue you're having with your TV for furthertroubleshooting.

3. Disable Automatic Home Screen Launch: Tostop the LG home screen from popping upautomatically when you press the powerbutton on your Roku remote, you can disablethe Automatic Home Screen Launch feature.Here's how:
- Navigate to your TV settings: Settings >General > System > Additional Settings >Home Settings > Home Auto Launch.
- Toggle the Home Auto Launch option to Off.

By following these steps, you should be ableto resolve the issue with your Roku remoteturning on the LG home screen instead ofdefaulting to HDMI one port. If you havesuccessfully disabled the Automatic HomeScreen Launch feature, your TV will no longerautomatically display the home screen uponturning it on.