Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blablabla1
Channel Surfer

LG tv update defaults to LG splash screen with their apps before I can use Roku remote

Jump to solution

I love my Roku remote for controlling my LG tv, but after my LG updated it is not the default controller, I now have to use the LG remote and select Roku app before I can use my remote. Yes, I have Roku plugged into the HDMI 1 (arc) and yes, my settings, remotes & devices/Remotes/Voice Remote Pro/setup remote for TV control/ IR setup is complete. I can turn on or off the LG TV with Roku remote but when I turn the LG TV  with remote comes I first get the LG splash screen and I have to use the LG remote and select a ROKU app first to use the ROKU remote, which is annoying. Does anyone have a workaround?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
blablabla1
Channel Surfer

Re: LG tv update defaults to LG splash screen with their apps before I can use Roku remote

Jump to solution

"Did you check on the TV side?  Both sides must cooperate for HDMI-CEC to work."

I can't seem to get into LG setting, as soon as select the setting * on LG screen it auto selects Roku even if I unplug the Roku LG will select HDMI 1 with nothing plugged in. I wish I could uninstall the LG update, maybe LG didn't update correctly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
blablabla1
Channel Surfer

Re: LG tv update defaults to LG splash screen with their apps before I can use Roku remote

Jump to solution

After messing with LG remote I was able to get to LG settings, In General/I unchecked auto connect and it solved my problem, everything  is working fine, Thank You

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Make sure that 1-touch-play is still enabled in the Roku:  Settings/System/Control other devices/1-touch play.

On the TV, check that HDMI-CEC is still enabled and refresh the HDMI-CEC list/network.  LG refers to HDMI-CEC as SimpLink.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
blablabla1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes 1-touch play is checked, but it still defaults to LG's app screen and I have to use the LG remote and select Roku app

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Did you check on the TV side?  Both sides must cooperate for HDMI-CEC to work.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
blablabla1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

When I go to settings on the LG remote Roku opens, I can't get into the LG settings weird, I'm going to unplug the tv and turn it back on to see if the LG refreshes,,,,, nope same thing I get the lg splash screen then if I select the LG setting icon then Roku opens

0 Kudos
blablabla1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

"Did you check on the TV side?  Both sides must cooperate for HDMI-CEC to work."

I can't seem to get into LG setting, as soon as select the setting * on LG screen it auto selects Roku even if I unplug the Roku LG will select HDMI 1 with nothing plugged in. I wish I could uninstall the LG update, maybe LG didn't update correctly

0 Kudos
blablabla1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After messing with LG remote I was able to get to LG settings, In General/I unchecked auto connect and it solved my problem, everything  is working fine, Thank You

0 Kudos