Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viv1956

LG remote not working. Only the Roku remote works. I cannot update my LG TV without the LG remote.

Only the Roko remote works & I cannot update my LG TV using its remote.  What do I do?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: LG remote not working. Only the Roku remote works. I cannot update my LG TV without the LG re...

Hi @viv1956

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If only the Roku remote is working and you cannot update your LG TV without the LG remote, here are a few potential fixes you can try:

• Check the battery level: The first thing to check is the battery level of your LG remote. Replace the batteries with fresh ones and see if that resolves the issue.
  • Reset the LG remote: If the battery level is not the issue, try resetting the LG remote. To do this, remove the batteries from the remote and press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. Release the power button and reinsert the batteries. Then try using the remote again.
  • Use the LG TV buttons: If the remote is still not working, try using the buttons on the LG TV to access the menu and update the TV. Look for the "Menu" or "Settings" button on the TV and use the arrow keys to navigate through the menu. Look for the option to update the TV software and follow the instructions.
  • Use a universal remote: If the LG remote is still not working, try using a universal remote to update the TV software. You can purchase a universal remote online or from an electronics store. Make sure that the universal remote is compatible with your LG TV model.

If none of these steps work, you may need to contact LG's customer support for further assistance or to order a replacement remote.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos