Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you could add ONE feature to your Roku remote, what would it be?

Remote

Tell us below! Give a Kudo and upvote your favorite suggestions! 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
Labels (1)
28 REPLIES 28
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: If you could add ONE feature to your Roku remote, what would it be?

Perhaps an Input/Source button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

oksure415

i would like to hold down a channel button (like netflix or apple tv) for a few seconds, and have it do a voice search only for that channel.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

I want a setting created to completely disable ALL pop up notifications from the remote. This includes the battery level as well as "Hands Free Voice" notifications.

ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

[Previous Channel Return]  Watching Over-The-Air local broadcast channels, it'd be nice to have this dedicated button for ease of switching between two different local broadcasts.

We just ordered one of the Roku TV Pro Series televisions yesterday for pickup Saturday.  It comes with a new Roku Voice Remote Pro (2nd edition) .  It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the original Voice Remote Pro's we picked up for all our Roku devices.

edit to add..WOW, just discovered the Roku Voice Remote Pro v2 does have a [PREVIOUS CHANNEL] button.  It's the, wait for it ↪️ button.  At least on the new RokuTV Pro Series television running Roku OS 13.0.  Our TCL Roku sets rewind a little in OTA, we do have USB sticks in them to pause LIVE TV.

Member Since ‎07-09-2008
0 Kudos
atc98092

A remote with a numeric keypad. Not only for the TVs to select an OTA channel, but there's a number of apps that use numerical channels within their app. Pluto TV is a prime example. It's the main reason I won't buy another Roku TV (or Fire TV or Google TV, as they all seem to suffer the same issue). 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
MissSunnie

BACK LIGHT!!!!  Please! It's the reason I might not buy another Roku tv. the remote is a struggle at night

atc98092

@MissSunnie wrote:

BACK LIGHT!!!!  Please! It's the reason I might not buy another Roku tv. the remote is a struggle at night

Your wish has been granted. The new Voice Remote Pro version 2 has a backlight. 🙂

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
FarAwayDeb

Move the mute button somehow. When I pick up the remote I frequently hit the mute button. Also, I frequently hit the button with the moon on it (sleep timer) accidentally, mainly when I mean to hit the down arrow. I never use the sleep timer! Thank you for the opportunity to make suggestions.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Not just the mute button but all the side buttons should be on the top of the remote, putting them on the side was a really stupid decision.