Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to show in the TV pictures.

Jump to solution

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Re: I want to show in the TV pictures.

Jump to solution

If you mean show your digital photo albums through Roku to your TV, you'd have to use Roku Media app and use a Media server you administer yourself on one of your devices. There are so many ways of doing that I really don't have time to get into it here. Some solutions are free, others are not. The basic idea is that you set up a media server on a computer at home then connect it to your router in such a way that the Roku Media Player can detect it.

I would start by Googling how to set up a media server, but be prepared for quite a learning curve if what I've already said is in any way confusing to you.

The good news iis it can be done. The bad news is, it can take a long time to learn how. It all depends on your level of tech savvy. 

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉

View solution in original post

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @2035destrada!

Thank you for reaching out about wanting to show pictures on your TV screen. We've got you covered!

The Roku streaming platform has a feature where you can use Photo Streams to personalize your Roku experience and start sharing special moments with loved ones in different locations. Simply upload photos to your Roku account, set up the screensaver on your Roku streaming device, and enjoy a custom slideshow on the biggest screen in your home.

To learn more about how to utilize this feature, we have a support article dedicated to How to use Photo Streams on your Roku streaming device. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need further clarification or assistance with this. We'd be happy to continue doing so. 

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you mean show your digital photo albums through Roku to your TV, you'd have to use Roku Media app and use a Media server you administer yourself on one of your devices. There are so many ways of doing that I really don't have time to get into it here. Some solutions are free, others are not. The basic idea is that you set up a media server on a computer at home then connect it to your router in such a way that the Roku Media Player can detect it.

I would start by Googling how to set up a media server, but be prepared for quite a learning curve if what I've already said is in any way confusing to you.

The good news iis it can be done. The bad news is, it can take a long time to learn how. It all depends on your level of tech savvy. 

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @2035destrada!

Thank you for reaching out about wanting to show pictures on your TV screen. We've got you covered!

The Roku streaming platform has a feature where you can use Photo Streams to personalize your Roku experience and start sharing special moments with loved ones in different locations. Simply upload photos to your Roku account, set up the screensaver on your Roku streaming device, and enjoy a custom slideshow on the biggest screen in your home.

To learn more about how to utilize this feature, we have a support article dedicated to How to use Photo Streams on your Roku streaming device. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need further clarification or assistance with this. We'd be happy to continue doing so. 

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos