Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnshadows

I have the Roku 65" tv, I bought it in 2018 and the serial number is #YN00WW867493 .

Jump to solution

I have the Roku 65" tv, I bought it in 2018 and the serial number is #YN00WW867493 . Does anyone know if the new Roku Image of Roku Express 4K+ Roku Express 4K+ streamer with voice control remote. Work with what I have ? I need to know soon because the sales price ends on Oct. 16. Thanks for all help !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have the Roku 65" tv, I bought it in 2018 and the serial number is #YN00WW867493 .

Jump to solution

@tnshadows 

All Roku WiFi Direct remotes, such as the separately sold Voice Remote, Enhanced Voice Remote, and Voice Remote Pro, will work with Roku TVs.

The Roku Express 4k+ comes with the Voice Remote, and will work with a Roku TV. However, as @Tivoburkee pointed out, while you can pair multiple remotes to a single Roku, each remote can only go with one Roku. So, if you paired the Express 4K+ remote with the Roku TV, you would not be able to control the Express 4K+ with it. As mentioned, the remotes are sold separately and you can always get one of those. I have a Voice Remote controlling my Roku TV because I like the remote better.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee

Re: I have the Roku 65" tv, I bought it in 2018 and the serial number is #YN00WW867493 .

Jump to solution

You can plug in a roku like the express 4k+ to roku tv, and you can even set the roku tv to turn and go directly to the express 4k+ home screen instead of the roku tv's. Of course the expresses home screen won't have any input tiles like the roku tv's home screen. Set each to different wallpaper and turn off the season wallpaper in the settings menu of each roku so they won;t both change to the same looking wallpaper on their own. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

If you're worried about the remote conflicts there won't be any, stand alone roku's like the express 4k+ use a completely  different IR code set then Roku tv's. Your express 4k+ comes with wifi remote, wifi remotes can only be paired to one roku at a time. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@tnshadows 

All Roku WiFi Direct remotes, such as the separately sold Voice Remote, Enhanced Voice Remote, and Voice Remote Pro, will work with Roku TVs.

The Roku Express 4k+ comes with the Voice Remote, and will work with a Roku TV. However, as @Tivoburkee pointed out, while you can pair multiple remotes to a single Roku, each remote can only go with one Roku. So, if you paired the Express 4K+ remote with the Roku TV, you would not be able to control the Express 4K+ with it. As mentioned, the remotes are sold separately and you can always get one of those. I have a Voice Remote controlling my Roku TV because I like the remote better.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."