Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judy15

I have an old Roku serial GOC9DHOOO177. I can't get the remote back off to change batteries. How?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: I have an old Roku serial GOC9DHOOO177. I can't get the remote back off to change batteries. ...

HI @judy15,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. What type of Roku remote are you using? (Simple, Voice, and Voice Pro)

Kindly check out this support article on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote and make sure to follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have an old Roku serial GOC9DHOOO177. I can't get the remote back off to change batteries. Ho

@judy15, there have been many, many, Roku remotes over the years, so a picture of the remote would help, but in general the bottom half of the back slides off.  You can attach something like a piece of duct tape that's half on the remote and half that you can grab a hold of to get a better grip and pull straight down.  Depending on how old the remote is, there may be a button at the edge of the removable part of the back that you have to press while pulling.  Those remotes are easier to open than the ones without a button.

That assumes it's not a rechargeable remote with a little button on the back near the bottom and a USB connector on the end.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos