Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaymeesd
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku menu keep scrolling

Jump to solution

My remote does the same thing, what do I do? It will scroll through until I take batteries out - it actually drained one set of batteries before I noticed the issue.. I have been using my phone for the last few weeks (was in middle of a move), but would now like to get this resolved. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

I am experiencing a similar issue. My remote starts scrolling right every few seconds. It scrolls right on the menu screen. Once a video is playing, it starts scrolling right again and fast forwards whatever show I am trying to watch. I attempted changing the batteries and restarting the Roku, but the problem persists. If you could please assist me in any way possible it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks,
Brent

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jaymeesd, @bgriffin378 , your remotes are dirty or have a stuck button.  Try to use compressed air to blow out the crud, take it apart and clean it, or buy a new remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jaymeesd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks @renojim for your response.  I can't speak for @bgriffin378 , but there are no stuck buttons on my remote nor is it dirty - there is no crud. My remote is malfunctioning due to some issue with the remote itself. I will not buy a new one.  Instead, I will wait for customer service to address the issue. Thank you again.

JD

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jaymeesd

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jaymeesd
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @Thanks for getting back to me. So sorry - I don't know where to find those numbers. Would you please tell me where to look

Kind regards,

JD

0 Kudos
Kmccollough1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same problem and how can I fix it

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jaymeesd @Kmccollough1

I hope you're doing well.

As per @RokuDanny-R's recent post, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kmccollough1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It’s TCL Tv not Roku box. How do I resolve from the TV Roku 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Kmccollough1

Thanks for the response.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

You can contact TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos