Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZMS
Reel Rookie

How to get Roku Ultra 4800R remote to use remote code 12051 for my Samsung TV?

Jump to solution

Setting up a new Roku Ultra (2020) 4800R to replace Xfinity STB. It will not control the volume/mute on my Samsung TV (model UN60F7100AF). I have been through the remote's Setup process multiple times.

The remote control code should be 12051 (based on my Xfinity universal remote's setup). How do I get the Roku enhanced remote to use this code for the TV? Right now, it tries 8 Samsung codes and gives up. Samsung has much more than 8 remote codes, over the years. Does  12051 correspond to any other TV brands as well?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: How to get Roku Ultra 4800R remote to use remote code 12051 for my Samsung TV?

Jump to solution

Home 5x, FF, PP, RW, PP, FF/RF Remote Menu/IR Transmit Menu

View solution in original post

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to get Roku Ultra 4800R remote to use remote code 12051 for my Samsung TV?

Jump to solution

Take alook at the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer remote, its one device that control three types of devices, tv, streamers and soundbars. Different area of the remote are for different types of devices. It is also learning remote. You can found open box on ebay for about $10, or new at walmart for $16.88P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Code 12051 is only used in UEI made remotes like the xfinity or directv remotes. There is nothing special about code 12051 that codes 10812 or 10702 would have worked as well in you comcast remote. Samsung tv have used the same code for about 30 yrears only thing changed in the span was the protocol if you have wrong one preset you wouldn't get repeating volume commands, it still worked but you would have to keep pressing the volume to move it. Codes are mute when it comes to roku remotes because they don't use them. If samsung aren't working tell it you have westinghouse or proscan. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
ZMS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Edmund.

I just tried Westinghouse and Proscan, as you recommended. I also tried my luck with JVC, Sony, LG, and Panasonic.  However, none of them have worked with my Samsung TV UN60F7100AF.  Are there any other brands you recommend I try?

Alternately, would I need to buy a universal remote that straps onto the Roku remote, like BestBuy's Sideclick - Universal Attachment for Roku® Streaming Player Remote:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sideclick-universal-attachment-for-roku-streaming-player-remote-black/6...

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

There isn't anything in front of the tv like soundbar or pictures to prevent the IR from reaching the tv? The xfinity remote might have two beams and stronger that bounce off walls, where the roku remote doesn't? 

Theres a secret menu that allows you to switch to cec volume, that way you the volume commands go through the roku itself, which initiates cec signal sent over the hdmi cable. Don't remember the key combination to the secret menu myself. 

Edmund

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Home 5x, FF, PP, RW, PP, FF/RF Remote Menu/IR Transmit Menu

ZMS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help, Edmund and StreamerUser, from 1 techie to another!

The codes worked great and I had a lot of fun exploring. However, I cannot use HDMI-CEC, because my audio goes over S/PDIF optical, and not HDMI. So, I am going to buy a strap-on universal remote control:

Sideclick Universal Remote Attachment for Roku Streaming Player

ASIN: B07D5JDM3N @ Amazon.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Take alook at the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer remote, its one device that control three types of devices, tv, streamers and soundbars. Different area of the remote are for different types of devices. It is also learning remote. You can found open box on ebay for about $10, or new at walmart for $16.88P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund

ZMS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Edmund!

I took your advice and purchased the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer Remote. Used BestBuy, to support my local specialty retailer. It is currently $24.95 at all retailers.

This should also fix the Roku enhanced voice remote's battery depletion issue. My Roku remote went from 95% to 80% in just over a day!