Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku streaming stick+ draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have to replace the batteries every few day.  This is so expensive, I might as well subscribe to cable.  Wall outlet is not the answer.  What am I supposed to do?  Time for a recall... ?  Please tell me how to fix this, or send a new remote, or....?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

In the meantime, if you are powering your Streaming Stick through the USB port on your TV, we would recommend that you power your Roku device through a wall outlet to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mercedes2020
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku support is sending me new remotes which really doesn't solve the problem with the batteries but its a gesture.  They also stated the issue is now marked as solved.  Roku is in denial especially with all the comments that are in the community chat. 

Jump to solution

I have the option to switch to wall power so I am going to try that. If these brand new batteries don't last 2 weeks back to target it goes.

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Mercedes2020 

They tried to close my ticket, too. I immediately contacted them and said to reopen the ticket since it is not yet resolved. If enough people do this, it might become a higher priority for them.

0 Kudos
Csjjpm

Re: Streaming Stick+ 3810X Remote Battery Drain

Jump to solution

I have a 3810EU and I am changing the batteries every day. It was fine the first few months but in the last few weeks it has got worse. Mine is powered from my TV USB port.

Kramlinck1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I bought 3 sticks and am getting about 2 weeks out of batteries. It is ridiculous!!! I have had several models and this is the worst because of the remote. 

SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Csjjpm 

Try changing power to wall outlets and report back.

0 Kudos
Kramlinck1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The reason I got the ones that power to the USB was why I bought it. If we fall asleep or the kids shut the TV off, it stops streaming and stops using data. Plugging it in to a wall outlet defeats the reason I bought it

0 Kudos
SRQtech
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Kramlinck1 

Any Roku will stop streaming after 4 hours and ask you if you are still there. Also, you can set a sleep timer. Personally, I'd rather do that and have my batteries last longer.

0 Kudos