Remotes

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lshum00
Level 7

How do I do a factory reset on my Roku 2 when the remote won’t pair?

I have a Roku 2.  The remote paired at one point but then the batteries died.  I can not get it to pair despite trying over 6 times to unplug, remove batterie, wait 30 sec, plug in, put in batteries and press pair button.  The remote light just blinks green.  The Home Screen shows “no connection” for about 30 sec and then disappears.  Roku does not respond to remote.  I wanted to factory reset the Roku 2 but there isn’t a button.  Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I do a factory reset on my Roku 2 when the remote won’t pair?

You sure there isn't a pinhole marked Reset at the back above where ac adapter plugs in? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
lshum00
Level 7

No pinhole and no reset button anywhere. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@lshum00 

Not trying to start an argument, but yes there is a reset button or pinhole on your Roku. That's standard equipment.

Unplug everything from the back of it. If it's a model 4210, and if you have a microSD card installed, take it out. On the back of the device is a pinhole with RESET stamped there.

If you insist it is not there, take a clear picture of the back of your device and post it.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos