Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodrok
Reel Rookie

How To Get Device Added To Roku IR Database

Hello I have an Acer Predator CG48 that works great with the Roku Ultra but the IR codes are not yet supported and CEC doesn't work either.  How do I make sure the Roku engineers add these codes with their next batch that they must be updating on a regular basis as new devices come out?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How To Get Device Added To Roku IR Database

Hi @woodrok,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you so much for sharing this information with us and your feedback. We'll make sure to forward these details to the appropriate Roku team so they can be reviewed for consideration toward future improvements.

Once again, we appreciate your input regarding this matter. Your satisfaction is greatly valuable to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
woodrok
Reel Rookie

Re: How To Get Device Added To Roku IR Database

While I appreciate forwarding the details, I do think there should be a process for this, as it is such a small amount of data/is harmless to include a few more bytes of data in the IR database, that it should essentially be nearly auto-approved for anyone asking for a modern 4k expensive high end device versus "considered."  If you could clarify that this actually likely to happen, and isn't dependent on number of users requesting this model, etc.  Thanks.  I can even provide the technical details of the IR codes needed for volume and power if useful to streamline the process.

0 Kudos