Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hairs7

Help me with my Roku remote dilemma

I have a Hisense Roku tv and recently reset my Wi-Fi. This wouldn’t be an issue if I had the original remote but that’s been lost for some time. I bought a generic remote but realized that was not able to connect without having access to the tv prior anyway. Is there a way to connect to the TV when it’s not connected to a network and have no access to the tv at all, besides turning it on/off with the physical button?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Help me with my Roku remote dilemma

Hi @hairs7

Thank you for the post!

If you have lost your original Roku remote and your TV is not connected to the network, it may be difficult to connect a new remote. However, there is a workaround you can try.

Some Roku devices have a "Mobile Hotspot" feature, which allows you to use your phone's internet connection to connect your Roku device to the internet. If your Hisense Roku TV has this feature, you may be able to use it to connect your TV to the internet and then connect a new remote.

Here's how you can try this method:

• Turn on the mobile hotspot feature on your phone and connect your Roku TV to the hotspot network.
  • Once the TV is connected to the internet, download the Roku mobile app on your smartphone.
  • Open the Roku app and navigate to "Remote" at the bottom of the screen.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your smartphone with your Roku TV.
  • Once the pairing is complete, you should be able to use your smartphone as a remote for your Roku TV.

If your TV does not have a mobile hotspot feature, you may need to purchase a new original remote for your Hisense Roku TV. Alternatively, you could try contacting Hisense or Roku customer support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos