Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James47

Headphone usage with remote

I was given a Roku Ultra to replace my Firestick. Before attempting to set up I have a question I hope someone can answer. I have an LG TV and a Samsung soundbar neither of which has Bluetooth output capability. The LG TV does have an HDMI ARC, CEC, and Simplink capability all of which I do not understand. . My first question is “ Can I use the included headphones to listen to the audio and how to connect? Also if using the headphones will sound still be audible to others? I have attempted to ask Roku support but their answers are confusing. They said I could the headphones after downloading the app on my phone. Then I think they said to use the mobile app with headphones I would require a Roku TV which I do not have. Can someone please address the confusion of a 77 year old non-tech person in terms I can understand. Thank you in advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Headphone usage with remote

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @James47!

Congratulations on having your first Roku Ultra streaming device! We appreciate you reaching out for support about using the headphones mode on your Roku remote. We'd be happy to help you utilize this feature and provide more information.

After you connect your Roku Ultra streaming device to your LG TV, you need to activate and set it up. This includes pairing your remote with the device. This support article will help you. --> How to set up your Roku Ultra

When the room is noisy or people nearby do not want to be disturbed, you can listen to the audio from your Roku streaming device with earbuds, earphones, or headphones using a feature called Headphone Mode

How to use Headphone Mode with your Roku remote

1. Plug in your headphones firmly into the headphone jack on your remote
  2. A headphone icon will appear on your television screen to indicate Headphone Mode is active
  3. Begin streaming a movie or TV show
  4. Before using your Roku remote with headphones, hold your headphones near your ears, but do not put them on yet
  5. Adjust the audio level using Volume down and Volume up on your remote
  6. When the volume is at a safe level, put on your headphones and adjust the volume if necessary

For reference and further information about this, we have a support article dedicated to this: How to use your Roku voice remote with headphones for Headphone Mode

If you need further clarification and assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We'd be happy to continue doing so.

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos