Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosafe1
Reel Rookie

Having problems with Roku remote and Insignia TV

I bought Roku Express 4K+ to use with my Insignia TV that is a few years old.  I have run into several problems I need help with.

1) My Roku remote only turns my TV on, but it doesn't go to channels, doesn't go to the Roku page either.

2) I have followed the set up for Roku 3 times already but my TV doesn't hold the changes.  

3) Upon turning the TV on, I have to use my Insignia remote to click to Settings > Input, from there I have to open up the Roku remote battery case and press the two top buttons (back arrow & home buttons)  and hold them for 5 seconds and then I can get to the Roku page.  I have to do this every time I turn the TV on.

4) When using my Roku remote and going to YouTube, I can't move the cursor anywhere on the YouTube channels.  The app appears to be frozen.

5) I don't know if I can use Roku remote only and somehow disconnect my Insignia remote at some point so that I do not have to use two remote controls - I have unpaired my Insignia remote over and over but it still works on my regular TV, but doesn't work on the Roku app.

#RokuExpress4K+  #InsigniaTV  #RokuRemote  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Having problems with Roku remote and Insignia TV

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @cosafe1!

Thank you for precisely elaborating on your concern with your Roku streaming stick 4K. We would be glad to offer further assistance with this.

Before we proceed, have you tried to pair your Roku remote to your TV successfully? If not, kindly visit our Support article to help you perform this effectively: How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

Please try plugging your Roku streaming stick 4K into a different HDMI port, and make sure to set the HDMI input on your Insignia TV to the same port you've plugged in your Roku player. If the issue persists, we recommend trying to plug your Roku player into a different TV to see if the same problem occurs.

Keep us posted on how it goes, and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cosafe1
Reel Rookie

Hello Carly,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have paired my Roku remote several times.  It doesn't seem to remember.  

I will try plugging the Roku remote into a different HDMI port in my TV - thank you for that suggestion.  Where it is now, I can hear the music play on 1 - 6 then on 7 I can no longer hear the music.  It seems like a lot to scroll through before the music stops.  Maybe plugging into a different HDMI port will help this so I don't have to scroll through so many cycles.

YouTube worked yesterday with the Roku stick - maybe I didn't punch the buttons on the Roku remote hard enough because it seems to be working.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for responding, @cosafe1.

It seems like your Roku streaming player works but needs a few adjustments. The issue may be with the HDMI port on your Insignia TV since you are still able to navigate to your TV using your Roku remote. Let's try changing ports to see if this resolves the problem. Also, please ensure that your Roku player is securely plugged into the HDMI port on your TV.

If the issue persists, we suggest trying it on a different TV.

We'll anticipate your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cosafe1
Reel Rookie

I inserted the Roku into another HDMI port in my Insignia TV but I still have to go through the process to pair the Roku remote each time I turn the TV on to use Roku.  Sadly it's a bit of a pain and time-consuming.  I don't want to use Roku on my other TV, Samsung, because I have no problems with it.  With my Insignia TV I can't get my Paramount Plus shows to play so that's why I bought the Roku but it's time consuming to get Roku to play in order to see my shows on Paramount Plus.

I guess I just gotta pair my Roku every time I want to watch my shows.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @cosafe1.

In this case, kindly check your inbox as we will send you a Private Message to gather further information regarding this matter. 

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as well. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos