Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctnvca

Re: Frozen on Screensaver, buttons not responding

Jump to solution

I have a Premiere Stick.  3 days ago, device would not respond to remote. replaced batteries did not work. Getting a new Roku remote did not work. Unplugged for about 30 seconds did not work.

0 Kudos
twigboy
Channel Surfer

Re: Frozen on Screensaver, buttons not resp0onding

Jump to solution

Like the subject says:  frozen on screensaver, remote buttons do not respond.  We keep our Roku device on, only turning the tv off, so it happens when it is not attended as far as we notice.  The remote still function as it can adjust the tv volume, it just can't operate the Roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @ctnvca @twigboy

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you try to factory reset your Roku device then see if you will be able to pair your remote again? Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.

Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

If you need help pairing the remote after the reset, visit this Support article: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
twigboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Doing a factory reset will lose all the apps, setup and codes/activations, correct?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I been having to reset it every single time its ridiculous 

I need help with this issue

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, @twigboy

Performing a factory reset to your Roku device will set it back to its default settings and you may need to relink your Roku account and sign in to your channel subscriptions.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @Angeline1993

Thanks for the post.

When you said reset, do you mean you constantly need to restart the device to resolve the issue or you're factory resetting it every time? Please also tell us more details about the issue you're experiencing so we can provide an effective suggestion.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
twigboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Can a feature be added to the Roku operating system that will allow us to schedule restarts, for instance overnight, that transcends these freezes?  Meaning, it restarts no matter if the screensaver or remote are not responding. 

And maybe give us an alternative USB power cable with a switch which we can position at a more agreeable location rather than digging through the tv cabinet for the Streaming Stick.  I mean, if this is a regular task to be done as owners it should at least be convenient.

I don't think I'm much interested in factory resetting where there would be more trouble involved in setting up again just to see it fail again also.

0 Kudos
TheTor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi there, you probably have already found a solution to your remote control challenges but I wanted to share with you and the community what worked for me.  Another user suggested changing the wireless/wifi settings on the Roku from 5G to 2.4G as there could be signal interference between the streaming stick and remote.  I did what they suggested and as I write this, the remote has been working perfectly for a week now.  Prior to me making the change, I'd be lucky to get 24 hours out of my remote, with most of the time only an hour or two.

So in summary, take a look at your Roku wireless settings and if it's set to a 5G network, change it to 2.4G; if it's already set to a 2.4G, try the opposite and change it to 5G!

0 Kudos
twigboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wifi or not, whatever it is, it has now bricked my device.  Froze while watching and no screensaver.  Remote became useless, so yanked the power.  Now I am watching a bouncing Roku display for 10 minutes.  Another device destroyed by an upgrade pushed out by the vendor.

0 Kudos