Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
July1302
Channel Surfer

Re: FREE HDMI EXTENDER APPLICATION IS NOT WORKING

I'm unable to order one either.  I have tried on my desktop and my phone and it won't work.  We just moved our TV up on the wall and now the cord barely reaches the outlet.

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@July1302 You can buy an HDMI extender at Best Buy

July1302
Channel Surfer

That doesn’t sound as good as the free one I should be able to get from Roku.

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@July1302  You moved your TV and now the cable does not reach the outlet. That is not Rokus fault. The HDMI extender is only like 3" to begin with. It was designed to help people install a Roku Stick when they had an HDMI port point in a direction that made the Stick not be able to be plugged into the TV. You can buy a 10' extender at Best Buy for $8

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/best-buy-essentials-10-usb-a-3-0-male-to-female-extension-cable-black/6...

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Free HDMI Extender. I cannot fill the form. The page have problems

Hi @scdsayers,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @July1302,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If you are having an error claiming the free HDMI, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device and the exact error message when trying to claim the free HDMI? 

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@RokuMary-F  There is no error message. They moved there TV up on the wall and now it no longer reaches the outlet. So in this case they should not be able to receive a free HDMI extender. 

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@July1302 wrote:

That doesn’t sound as good as the free one I should be able to get from Roku.

@July1302 
As was stated by @makaiguy, there is nothing special about the official Roku HDMI extender; it’s only 3-4 inches or so.  An HDMI extender at Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart that is longer than 4 inches, like the inch that @Vakko suggested, would be better than the Roku extender.

You can blame Roku all you want just because you moved your TV up on the wall to the point where you’re not able to hook up your Roku stick, but that ain’t gonna change the fact that it’s not their fault.  In fact, I’d recommend a compact Roku box, whether it’s HD or 4K, over a Stick any day.

As for you @BlacSABBATH, you wrote the initial post in all caps, so that’s why you cannot get a free extender from Roku either; you’re probably better off fixing your computer/smartphone keyboard.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@July1302 

The HDMI extender is available to those who purchased a Roku Streaming Stick in order to get some space between the TV and their Stick (for heat and/or positioning purposes).  If you purchased a Roku Streaming Stick, then provide your Serial Number to @RokuMary-F as requested. (Settings/Systems/About) or login to your online Roku Account dashboard at https://my.roku.com/account and look for Serial Number for your device near bottom of page of Linked Devices.

These are only available to Stick purchasers, so other devices do not qualify. (will not accept SN).  If you have a qualifying device, then Roku will send you the cable regardless of what you need it for.  You can even throw it in a drawer for the future if you want.  It should also be of little concern to other users what "need" this extender is accomplishing.

Personally, though, probably quicker and easier to purchase a female-to-male HDMI extender locally to get back up and running, or use an extension cord on power side.

-----

Additionally, how about people mind their manners in their responses and yield to Roku Employees when they enter the thread requesting information to help a user personally.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

July1302
Channel Surfer

Thanks for your “advice” that is unhelpful.  I literally only need 3-4”, not 10’.  Nowhere did I blame Roku.  Maybe you should reread my post.  

0 Kudos