Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kande000
Reel Rookie

Re: FREE HDMI EXTENDER APPLICATION IS NOT WORKING

Form worked for me today BUT only by using serial number as on back of stick. This is the device ID in settings. I'll see what happens in 3-5 days when delivery is due. 

kande000

0 Kudos
Robelius23

HDMI EXTENSION APPILCATION FORM ERROR WITH SN

upon filling out an application for a free HDMI extension, I enter the SN for my Roku streaming stick it says invalid. I haven't collected any sort ofthing on both my Roku devices and I really need them for both as it's causing remote problems.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI EXTENSION APPILCATION FORM ERROR WITH SN

For reasons only Roku knows, devices have a Device ID and a Serial Number and the labels are often switched on the packaging or device itself. Look under Settings->System->About and you'll see both numbers. If one doesn't work, try the other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Robelius23-

In the meanwhile...

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extender, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI extension cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other. I use an HDMI extension cable several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick+ in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV. You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally or at a non-Roku online vendor and get one faster than waiting for Roku to process your order and ship it to you. Or use a female-to-female HDMI connector to connect your Roku Stick to a regular (non-extension) HDMI cord.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

I had the same issue.  When I entered a zero for each "O" (instead of the letter O), it worked immediately!!

0 Kudos