Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onbesco
Reel Rookie

Re: Express 4k streamer remote eats batteries, Roku's support page says they don't support it.

I use the remote 2 times a day and I have tried energizer and duracell batteries.  I know there is also an app to download the remote, but it is not free...

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Express 4k streamer remote eats batteries, Roku's support page says they don't support it.

Hi @onbesco,

Hello, and thank you for joining the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about these remote woes. We'd like to see more of what's going on here.

It is important that you are aware that the battery life of your remote might be affected by a wide variety of circumstances. This may contain the utilization of voice search, and if you're utilizing a Roku voice remote pro, private listening will play a significant role in the process. We also noticed that you are attempting to download the Roku mobile app, which is good news because there is another option available to you in this case.

Do you know that the Roku® mobile app is a free application that can be downloaded on devices running the iOS® and Android™ operating systems?

Visit our Support page, which is titled "How to Install the Roku Mobile App," for further details.

We really hope that this helps!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lolllll

i’m having this same problem how can i solve it?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lolllll,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out here for help today, and rest assured that we're present to assist you. Could you please tell us more about the issue you're having? In addition, What Roku remote are you using, and can you provide your Roku streaming device information, such as Device ID, Model, and Serial Number? (This can be found in Settings > System > About).

The information you provide will help us further understand your issue. We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos