Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidrhyne

Express 4K Roku won't power on unless I am pushing the home button on the Roku remote.

My Express 4K Roku won't power on unless I am pushing the home button on the Roku remote, and nothing will come on the TV screen. Has anyone else had this issue? Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Express 4K Roku won't power on unless I am pushing the home button on the Roku remote.

I can push home just once and it wakes right up - I don't need to push and hold or press multiple times - if that's what you're asking.

You can also go into power options and set it to never sleep if you don't to press even once.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Express 4K Roku won't power on unless I am pushing the home button on the Roku remote.

@davidrhyne  Your Roku is going to sleep so you need to wake it back up. This is entirely normal. Go into settings/network and disable bandwidth saver. Also check that your TV doesn’t have any sort of power saving features. If it does disable those too. But you don’t even have to do any of that stuff if you don’t want to. Just press the home button once and a few seconds later your Roku will wake up

0 Kudos