Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbwppa717
Channel Surfer

Everything works for a few seconds then appears to time out and default to remote setup

I’m not a newbie. Had Roku for 4 years. First real issue since start.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
jbwppa717
Channel Surfer

Re: Everything works for a few seconds then appears to time out and default to remote setup

I did troubleshoot the remote multiple times. Still happens. Seems like it is the Roku premier 3921.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Everything works for a few seconds then appears to time out and default to remote setup

Hi @jbwppa717,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we definitely want to provide you with assistance. Would you be so kind as to provide more specific information regarding the issue you've encountered? In this way, we would be able to identify how to particularly address the issue you've experienced and resolve it with the best we can.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jbwppa717
Channel Surfer

device is roku premiere 3921 with plug in power. I open roku, youtube tv, netflix, or any other app and it runs perfect for a minute or two, then it returns to the home screen. It happens repeatedly. Sometimes when I use the volume toggle, it automatically reverts to home screen even before the minute or two is up. I have tried the recommended remedies many times. Nothing worked. Even shut down internet and rebooted. Unplugged everything twice and restarted to no avail. New batteries in remote. I think something happened to my roku premiere device, not sure how. I've had it since 1/22/2019, worked fine. I have Astound (RCN) for internet for over a year now and it works fine. Do I need a new device? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jbwppa717,

Thanks for the update!

We appreciate the detailed information regarding this issue and the attempts to resolve it.

Let's see if this works for you. Try connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then try again to see if you're still seeing the behavior.

Please let us know if this works for you!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos