Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaleidoscopes
Reel Rookie

Re: Do all Roku’s drain remote batteries so fast?

I am having the same trouble with my remote.  The remote's batteries need to be replaced every three days.  It is a different model than the 3810 so this is a more widespread problem. 

Model: 3800RW - Roku Streaming Stick
Serial Number: YF006Y260366
Software: 10.0.0 - build 4209-55
Device ID: CU3936260366

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@kaleidoscopes

Thanks for providing us your information.

I have passed them along to our support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your emails since they'll be reaching you out from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mcobrien51
Reel Rookie

I purchased a Roku Soundbar with a Voice Remote. All I do with this remote is alter the volume. The batteries die each week. This is getting ridiculous. I want a new remote or a remote that does not need batteries to be replaced each week. How do I get a replacement? There is no one to call or email. 

0 Kudos
Wolbachc
Binge Watcher

Yes, I have 4.  An obvious issue for Roku that has not been resolved.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mcobrien51 @Wolbachc

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BSolomon82
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem with 3 different roku devices/remotes. Can I reply with the same information for some help too please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Wolbachc
Binge Watcher

All I can say is I’ll never buy Roku again.  Bad support, imo they don’t care.

0 Kudos

I have a Roku Premiere+ Model 3921RW that I bought off Amazon a couple months ago.  My only complaint is that the remote goes through batteries about twice a week.  If I use rechargeable batteries, it's about every 2 to 3 days.  If I use non-rechargeable it's maybe every 3 to 5 days.  So frustrated!!  Why is this happening??  If I am going to have to buy a different remote (perhaps the more basic one that doesn't use as much battery life) then I might just replace the whole thing with an Android based streaming device.

Please...help....

0 Kudos

I'm definitely experiencing the rapid battery drain issue - lucky if I can get 3 days out of new batteries.  Model 3921RW.  What do I do?  I don't want to spend money on a new remote. 

0 Kudos
mcobrien51
Reel Rookie

The serial number for my sound bar is:

R6508E750925

is this the correct way of contacting Roku? There’s no one to speak to over the phone or email with? This customer service system is very strange to me. 

0 Kudos