Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Contact

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi @VAR,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We have been made aware that a subset of our users may have lost TV power and volume functions on their remote control following the Roku OS 10.0 update. Customers reportedly impacted by this outage have the following remotes:

• Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote

We are currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will deploy a fix as soon as one is available. In the meantime, please set your Roku remote for TV control:

1.   Navigate to Settings

2.  Select Remotes & Devices

3.  Select Remotes followed by your remote

4.  Set up the remote for TV control.

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your enhanced remote to control your TV

Check out this link for more info: What to do if the power and volume buttons stop working | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Mary

I and I am sure others have tried all the ‘fixes’ and nothing is fixing the issues.  Some have no volume, i got the volume issue fixed but that ‘broke’ my power button and some have both issues.  Why does all roku do is copy/paste the same ‘fix’?  We have all seen it and tried it.  

gkanegis

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

My Roku sticks with remote volume controls are several years old. All worked for all controls until the last software update and then the volume control no longer works but all other functions, including TV power on/off work properly. The three are attached to one LG 65" 2019 model TV, one Vizio 50" TV roughly 2015 vintage, and one 40" Panasonic TV roughly 2017 vintage.

I saw the reset discussion but to hassle with the process for three different units is far too much trouble than I have time for now. Is there any guidance on when a patched SW release will be ready?

0 Kudos
sueg1958
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

My remote turned on the TV and has stopped working.  I changed the batteries thinking that was the issue--it is not.   I can do nothing.  I can't get an ID issue number, I can't get to settings.  I can do absolutely nothing.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
bmig

Jump to solution

All 3 roku devices lost connections to their respective TVs.

Currently one Roku Voice Remote will not reconginze 1 TV.

Roku Device 3810X

Issue ID 70-198-529

TV - Westinghouse

TV Model DWM40F1G1

0 Kudos
rmorgan

Jump to solution

Same issue as many here- Have a voice remote whose volume control stopped working (but still turned the TV on and off). I assumed it was a remote gone bad, so ordered a new compatible voice remote for my roku stick. New remote controls roku functions, but will not pair with TV at all (neither power nor volume). I have an APEX digital tv (older, but works fine). Went through manula pairing, but all seven options do nothing. Help!

0 Kudos
Nana24

Re: remote fix

Jump to solution

Thx very much!  Followed your 4 steps and the remotes for both our Rokus are functioning again.  😊🙏

0 Kudos
sueg1958
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I realized I did not give my device information.  I have a Roku stream bar and an Emerson TV model # LF501EM5F

0 Kudos
rmorgan

Jump to solution

Update on my issue (and more info):

TV: APEX DIGITAL (specific product ID unavailable)

Roku Device: Streaming Stick

Remote 1 (original): Voice Control. Worked fine before update. Had no volume control, assumed broken.  Told roku to forget the controller, then tried to re-pair with roku and TV. Paired with Roku stick fine. Auto-detected the TV as a Sansui, tried 50 options for pairing, none worked. Controller can still turn TV on and off, but no volume control.

Remote 2 (replacement): Voice control. Pairs to Roku stick, but no TV or volume control. Tried TV pairing via APEX brand option, given seven options, none work. 

0 Kudos
JDOC

Jump to solution

Why is this still not working!!!?

0 Kudos
Icabear
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Contact

Jump to solution

How many times do you think we have all done this even in just the last few days?????

0 Kudos