Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwillie34

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku Model: 3810X

Issue ID: 72-198-128

TV Brand: Magnavox

TV Model: 19ME402V/F7

0 Kudos
bwillie34

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Roku Model: 3810X

Issue ID: 88-198-125

TV Brand: RCA

0 Kudos
Susanle59
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Suzy71nc wrote:

I had the same issue with all my TV's.  Did you go to settings and add a new remote device?  Before you scan take the back off of the Roku remote and hit the pairing device and then in settings have it scan.  This fixed my volume issue with all my TV's.  

This works for some but not all.  It worked for 1 remote in our house but not the other and it’s the same remote. when I did the fix on the one tv it fixes the sound and broke the power button.   I know for me personally I have tried every ‘fix’ listed in this thread.  Multiple  times. It is time for rokudanny or someone from roku to let the people, who these fixes did not work for, what is going on.  This is ridiculous   Pages and pages of people who cannot get their remotes to work when they worked prior to the update and 0 updates from roku.  I even did an online chat with roku and they give you the same ‘fixes’ that have already failed.    Complete customer service failure. 

0 Kudos
Icabear
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Besides having the problems with the power and volume, I too have a Smart RCA TV that is useless when it comes to local channels and Spectrum.  When Spectrum and Roku dissolved their partnership, Spectrum would not work on any Roku less than a 9.5 version.  My RCA has a 9.1 and there is no way to update it.  I have tried everything both Roku and Spectrum have advised.  If I reset to factory default on one of my other TVs to try and resolve the power and volume problem, I would lose the Spectrum app and it can not be reinstalled!

Time for ROKU to make some updates that work!  Too many people are having this problem to let it go on any longer!

0 Kudos
virginia63

Jump to solution

My remote first lost volume and now it won't operate the tv at all. Do I need to re-program it? We took the back off and the green light is blinking as well.

0 Kudos
christavkb

Jump to solution

Roku Voice Remote. Samsung TV LN46B650T1FUZA. ISSUE ID 24-198-380

remote does not turn on TV using any of the buttons. Once TV is on it navigates the Roku app and can turn off TV. 
have tried repairing and restarting Roku streaming stick and remote. 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Contact

Jump to solution

😂

they after nearly a month of their knowing about the lost volume control that still haven’t addressed the situation that they caused

we need answers or equipment replacement

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

No volume control on remote mod. RCL4  remote sku3226000303

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Contact

Jump to solution

Hi @VAR,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We have been made aware that a subset of our users may have lost TV power and volume functions on their remote control following the Roku OS 10.0 update. Customers reportedly impacted by this outage have the following remotes:

• Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote

We are currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will deploy a fix as soon as one is available. In the meantime, please set your Roku remote for TV control:

1.   Navigate to Settings

2.  Select Remotes & Devices

3.  Select Remotes followed by your remote

4.  Set up the remote for TV control.

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your enhanced remote to control your TV

Check out this link for more info: What to do if the power and volume buttons stop working | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jconlen

Jump to solution

Roku streaming stick +
Westinghouse TV  model ld-3280

issue ID 70-198-488

remote no longer controls power or volume after latest update 

0 Kudos